Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Lauren

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Lauren
Released May 13, 2014
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal
18775297

"One-night stands are supposed to be with someone convenient, or wickedly persuasive, or regrettable. They aren’t supposed to be with someone like him.

But after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation—and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out—Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume—her sweet, filthy fling—to France for the summer and just…play.

When feelings begin to develop behind the provocative roles they take on, and their temporary masquerade adventures begin to feel real, Mia will have to decide if she belongs in the life she left because it was all wrong, or in the strange new one that seems worlds away."


Going in to this one, I was wholeheartedly expecting a perfect, four to five star offering. I mean, these girls can write a sexy as all get out boy like nobodies business... I absolutely love their Beautiful Bastard series...so I knew we were in for a real treat... But man. Sweet. Filthy. Sexy. Endearing. Did I mention sexy? Oh, lord. Guys like Ansel should be real. It's so not fair (sorry, husband).

Mia used to a be a Ballet dancer, until one day her dreams were shattered, when she was hit by a truck that didn't stop at a red light, shattering her pelvis and breaking her leg. She was forced to fall into the route her father would have chosen for her, graduating with honors, and applying for to the most prestigious business school in the country. 

Mia, and her two besties, Harlow and Lola, leave after college graduation for a weekend in Vegas, one last rush before grown-up life and responsibility catches up with them, to cut loose and have a live fun. The girls were just getting started when Mia caught Ansels stare from across the room. Mia is taken away by her friends, and they all end up drunk, and in their room by midnight. With them both asleep, Mia is kept awake by the loud music next door, and when she goes to confront them, a half naked Ansel answers the door. The chemistry between them could charge large appliances with the energy moving between them.
"I didn't go into his room. I didn't take the gorgeous stranger's candy even though I really wanted to because hello, look at him," I add, just daring her to freak out even more. "You should see him wit his shirt off."
Ansel, sexy as hell, french man. Hes in Vegas with his buddies, Finn (a Canadian) and Oliver (an Aussie) for a reunion ride (they all meet while volunteering building homes for low income families), He LITERALLY asks Mia to go to Paris with him, where she'll have to live with him for a bit before they can buy a house.

Mia is pulled toward Ansel. She wants to live a different life, and she can't tip toe towards the edge of the cliff, she has to jump. She has to figure out what kind of girl would do what she wants to do with him, and pretend shes her. She's onstage, and Mia watches from the audience. One steamy kiss, two wandering hands, and a bunch of alcohol, Mia wakes up the next morning, naked. With flashes of naked skin, movement, and the loose-limbed aftereffects of a night of orgasms, one after another. After taking a look around the room, a broken lamp, mirror smudged with hundreds of hand prints, floor littered with clothing, pillows, and condom wrappers, soda stained rugs, delicate bruises  on her body and persistent ache between her legs...none of this mattered in comparison to the next surprise that awaited her. Unfortunately for Mia and Ansel, the night they spent together led to unforeseen circumstances and unexpected choices. After a ton of begging, Mia rashly, but smartly, decides to follow her handsome fling all the way to Paris. 



Following Ansel was probably the greatest decision Mia could have ever made for herself, but it isn’t full of sunshine and red roses every day. There are tense moments, frequent withheld conversations and nights where they rarely see each other. But there are also tender moments where they do communicate, where they learn something new about each other and themselves. 

“I just want to make love to you all day,” he says against my mouth and rolls on top of me. “I don’t want to think about work or friends or even eating. I want to exist on you alone.”
And as the two of them spend their summer in France together, these two awkwardly trying to cope with the impulsive decisions they have made, they slowly… fall for each other. It’s slow and sweet and heartwarming and inevitable. They never really thought that they’d fall for each other, but they do, and this creates complications, because what happens after the summer is over? When its time for Mia to go back to America, and Ansel has to stay in France, more choices have to be made.

It has humor, (I literally fell laughed out loud to the point my husband was questioning my sanity) and heart and enough drama to keep you interested but not over the top where you find yourself rolling you eyes and yelling “Really?!”. 
“I'm sorry to bother you, but my (fkdjfkjewljrwe)" he says, and then pauses.  With the last word he says, my heart begins to hammer.  "The one who got sick? She started her...cycle And I'm wondering if you keep any, or rather if you have...something? You see all this happened a bit fast and she packed in a hurry, and before that we were in Vegas. I have no idea why she came with me but I really, really don't want to screw this up. And now she needs something. Can she, uh," he stutters, finally saying simply, "borrow quelque chose?" I cover my mouth as he continue to ramble, and I would give anything to see the expression of the flight attendant on the other side of this door. "I meant use," he continues. "Not to borrow because I don't think they work that way."
I hear a woman's voice ask, "Do you know if she uses tampons or pads?"
Oh God. Oh God. This can't be happening.
"Um..."I hear him sign and then say, "I have no idea but I'll give you a hundred dollars to end this conversation and give me both." 
 My heart was aching for the two of them, because I wanted them to work so bad. Mia and Ansel are perfect together, and have become one of my all-time favorite couples.

As always, the girls end their story realistically, there is no over the top Happily Ever After (even though I love them) but it ends in such a way that is perfect for the characters and it is believable too. Mia and Ansel will appear throughout the series so I look forward to seeing their relationship progress in the other books. 


Purchase Link: Amazon (Kindle Edition)
Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1)

BTW...Get excited... you don't have to wait for the next book in the series to release...because it JUST did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer