Monday, November 17, 2014

Captive Films Season 1, Episode 1 by Jillian Dodd

Captive Films Season 1, Episode 1 by Jillian Dodd  
Released November 18, 2014
Spoiler Free Review by Venus

Book Description:

"Captive Films takes off from where The Keatyn Chronicles ended. This group of books will be written and released in serial format much like a television series. This season will contain 6 episodes and will be released a week apart, just like your favorite TV shows! And just like a TV series, it will be up to the readers how many seasons the show goes on. The series will be told from multiple points of view and you will see many of your favorite KC characters find love."
 
This series stands alone. You don’t need to have read The Keatyn Chronicles to read it.
 
Meet Riley Johnson.
CEO of Captive Films.
Hot.
Rich.
Privileged.
Seriously Single.
There could never be a realty show about my life.
It’d just be work and sex.
Lots and lots of sex.
No breakups.
No fights with friends.
Zero drama.
Drama’s for the movies.
Not for me.
I’m Riley Johnson.
I’ve got it all.
Brand new jet. Exotic cars. Luxury penthouse. Black card. A different aspiring star (or two) every night.
I run Captive Films.
Where we leaving you begging for more.
Or maybe that’s just me.
My life is perfect.
Until she walks back into it.
 
***Please note that Captive Films is NOT Young Adult. The characters are in their late twenties, so this series falls into the Contemporary / New Adult Romance category and is meant for readers 18+.  Plus, I think we all know, I couldn’t write a YA book featuring Riley Johnson. He’s just too naughty."

Book Review:

Do you all have an author that you just adore? One who could write a menu and you would swoon? Jillian Dodd is THAT author for me. I love her ability to reel me in from the word GO. Every single one of her books have caused me to laugh, cry, and swoon. The characters are written in such a way that you can't help but to fall in love instantly.

Captive Films is Jillian's new serial. Many readers have been on the fence when it comes to serials. Should I or Shouldn't I? Are they really worth it? This is the first serial I have read and I can tell you that it is truly worth it. There will be six episodes in Season One. The first two are priced at just .99/each. The remainders will be $2.99/each. 

Captive Films picks up right where The Keatyn Chronicles ended. Continuing the story of all of our favorite boys (oh and the girls too...lol). We get more of Keatyn and Aiden, we learn what Riley and Dallas have been up to, and even have the opportunity to fall in love with characters that we didn't really care for in the original books (Vanessa anyone?).
 
                                    

This episode shocked me slightly. Some of the characters have matured and grown up in ways that I wasn't anticipating. They are not the sweet little boys from Eastbrooke anymore. I will say though that the beauty of Captive Films is that you do NOT to read The Keatyn Chronicles in order to read this serial. All of the characters are further developed and you get just enough history to explain why things are happening the way that they are. 

Oh...did I mention that they are for the 18 and over crowd only? Jillian has provided a whole new level of steam and heat for the gang. Anybody want to know what the Titan has been up to? 
                                       



Seriously gang...grab these books and go show Jillian some love on Facebook. 

Amazon: Kindle Edition for Pre-order
Barnes and Noble: Nook Edition for Pre-order



No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer