Friday, November 7, 2014

Falling into You (Falling #1) by Jasinda Wilder

Falling into You (Falling #1) by Jasinda Wilder
Released 2013
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

17448960

"I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.
Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go"

“This book is for anyone who has ever lost a loved one, for anyone who has woken up crying and gone to bed the same way, for anyone who has had to learn that it’s okay to not be okay. Surviving isn’t strength, it’s continuing to breathe one day at a time; strength is learning to live despite the pain.”


Nell and Kyle they were inseparable since birth. They did everything together, then one day they made it official, they were boyfriend and girlfriend, they even fell in love. Kyle asks Nell to marry him, that's when tragedy comes in and takes a life. While they were arguing a freak accident occurs, and Kyle is killed. At his funeral she meets his older, harder, and unapproachable brother, Colton and it's obvious sparks fly. 
Few years later, they see each other again. Nell is a cutter and a binger, and they both drink to  numb the pain they are in, Colton has had a hard past. They instantly connect, but Nell is scared, she feels something for Colton and Kyle. She's so confused. 
 
They help each other through their hard times. They make promises and they make each other better. 
At first, Colt disgusted me on principle. He’s Kyle’s brother. I couldn’t accept him as a replacement. I hated Nell for thinking about him. My heart broke every time they spoke. All I could think about was Kyle. What I would be feeling if I were Nell. The devastation... The guilt… It ate at me as it ate at her.

Then I got it. I could accept what was happening. I understood. Colt wasn’t perfect. He wasn’t a knight in shining armor. He was just as broken. He was a living shell himself. They gave each other life. They gave each other breath.
“You don't ever really let go, though. You don't stop. You don't stop hurting, you don't stop loving. It doesn't go away, you just keep living and eventually shit gets pushed into the background of your life so it's not consuming you every day. And then one day you know you're okay. It still hurts, you still miss that person. And yeah, you forget the details. The way she smelled, the way her mouth tasted, how her skin felt, the sound of her voice. It's almost like a different life, a different person that loved her, was with her. But on a day-to-day level, you know you're okay. Sort of.” 
Throughout the book, you can see both of them opening up to each other, giving each other a piece of their soul and heart. They're reaching out for the support for each other. It's gradual but you really do see the improvements in both of them. They go through so many trials and they end up victorious, showing that love, time, and trust can conquer anything. 
"How do you compete with a ghost, Colton?" I whisper the question into a long silence. He shrugs. "I don't know. You don't. You just understand that there's a part of you that you can't give away, because it belongs to a dead person. I don't know.” 
Jasinda knows how to write a book that truly reaches out and touches your soul. Make sure you have a box of tissues on hand. I cried an UGLY  cry as if there was no tomorrow. I was a total emotional basket-case while reading this..I swear at times I couldn't breathe. Even though I knew from just reading the blurb, that Kyle was going to die, but there was no way to prepare for it.

You need to be in the right frame of mind for this book. If you are feeling as if you just need to connect with something, then Falling Into You is perfect for you.  


 photo tumblr_inline_mmibkbUmjI1qz4rgp_zps4eb7daae.gif

BTW: The playlist friggin ROCKS !! I downloaded everything song onto my ipod.

Purchase:

Falling into You (Falling, #1)

Playlist on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer