Saturday, November 1, 2014

Breaking Kate (Acceptance #1) by Dee Kelly

Breaking Kate (Acceptance #1)  by Dee Kelly
Released March 23, 2014
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

"Michael Matthews has been in love with Katherine Moore since the second grade. In Michael's mind there is absolutely nothing that will ever be able to keep the two of them apart. The night Michael is set to propose to Katherine the evening is interrupted by an unexpected tragedy that tears the two of them apart for good.Three years have passed since that fateful night when Katherine, now known as Kate meets Daniel. After an awkward start sparks fly between them. Daniel and Kate fall hard and fast into the most passionate and intense love affair of their lives. In three years a lot can change, Michael knows he made the biggest mistake of his life when he left Katherine and he will do anything to get her back. Asking his best friend Daniel for help is his first step in righting the wrongs he made so many years ago. Unfortunately, neither of them realizes that Michaels long lost love Katherine is Daniel’s true love Kate.While attending the engagement party of a mutual friend, all of their paths collide. How is Kate supposed to choose between the two men that mean the most to her in the world? Kate has to push past her heartache and put some serious thought into what comes next. One wrong choice and not only could she lose them both but Daniel and Michael may never recover their friendship."
*Mature Content Warning* This book contains situations not intended for persons under the age of 18. Including, but not limited to - profanity, alcohol consumption, and sexual content.*


I've never read a Dee Kelly book before. I purchased this book when it was on sale and it sat unread on my kindle for months. I absolutely loved this look...and I am desperately waiting on the next in the series. If you don't like cliffhangers...I would seriously NOT read this book till the next comes out.



Michael and Katherine are the perfect couple, and there is nothing in Michaels mind that will ever keep them apart. On the night he was set to propose, he receives a phone call that will change everything, and an unexpected tragedy falls upon them.



Michael grew up privileged, but left it all behind and built himself up from the bottom after him and Katherine broke up. Its been almost 4 years, but he thinks about her daily. When we meet him in Vegas, he is determined for the weekend to be all about pleasure, his pleasure.  Hopefully that will keep Katherine out of his head once and for all, instead thoughts of her come slamming back into his life like a hurricane in the form of perfume from another lady. He can feel all the emotions, how much he loved her, how what happened broke his heart, and how foolish he was for letting her go. And now, he wants her back.



Katherine, smart, funny and beautiful, lost her mother at a young age, and practically lost her father because he was so involved in business matters. When tragedy struck, Katherine was blamed for it all, and Michael up and left her heartbroken.  3 years later, and Katherine is in her last year of college pursuing a double major. After being coerced  into going to a party with her best friends Jess and Connor, she meets Daniel. Gorgeous, but cocky and chauvinistic, he is at least 6'3, with the lightest shade of brown eyes, perfect proportional broad shoulders and arms.



Daniel is Connors best friend, who works with him at his family business. Connor also coerced Daniel into attending the same party. Hes not ready to meet women nor is he interested in another booty call, especially after his past with relationship with Vanessa. What he didn't expect was Connor to introduce him to the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He figures is the girl Connor thinks may be 'the one' that takes his breath away, and as he approaches he can't help but look her up and down. This isn't Connors girl, this is Kate.

"I'm not typically a caveman, I swear. I''m usually very respectful to women.  My parents are very respectful to each other, and over the years my mom has taught me well.  If she would have seen how I was checking you out she would have slapped me upside the head and asked me where my manners had gone." 
"Although, to answer your question, as much as I hate to admit it, I think I would've looked at you the same way had I known who you were.  Not for a lack of respect for you, but because I've honestly never seen another girl that has made my heart skip a beat the way you did. So the way I figure it, we have two options. Option A - We can get to know each other and hope we get along, because for the first time in a long time I realize I want to have a woman's company again. Or Option B- We can go upstairs to the guest room and see if we're sexually compatible which I'm sure we will be, and chalk this up to a fun night."
Good one Daniel, you're smooth. Katherine takes him up on Option A, and as they go to get a drink, their fingertips lightly brush -- she feels "electric tingles." Katherine really thinks she could loose herself in Daniel, even its just for one night. Daniel, he already wants to kiss her, and make her his. They spend, what seems to be hours, sitting under the stars and getting to know each other. After they lay their hearts desires and wishes out on the field, Daniel swoops in for a kiss...and this kiss...its a fairy-tale kiss. So for the night, they decide to really talk, uninhibited about anything, sleep, together, but not intimately, and in the morning go to breakfast. They hit if off immediately and have a whirlwind romance in a 2 week span. It is the kind of romance little girls dream of. Daniel and Kate are head-over-heels for each other and they get very steamy..


Daniel and Connor’s friend Mike is a good guy that got the short end of the stick handed to him in his last relationship, they guys don’t know much about it, but they do know that his ex, Katherine, must have really done a number on him. Mike confides in Daniel that he wants to make amends with Katherine, that he believes he was wrong about her all those years ago. 

When all the friends meet at the engagement party for Conners brother, Jake and his fiance, April, both Mike and Kate are in for an awakening when Daniel’s Kate is Mike’s Katherine and Daniel’s friend Mike is Kate’s Michael. I knew this moment was coming, and I was biting my fingernails waiting for their meeting. And after it finally came, I just can't figure out, HOW DID NOBODY PIECE THIS TOGETHER SOONER? ahHhH!! 
"Kate, I love you sweetheart, but I'm not letting you go without a fight."
I won't give you the last twist that D. Kelly left us with, but oh holy crap.... I thought I'd kinda figured this one out earlier in the story when this character was creeping around, but was left with no answers until the end. Kate is left confused and she must decide which guy she wants to be with. She has to make decisions that will ultimately effect everyone. 

Breaking Kate was told in three POV's: Michaels, Katherines, and Dainels. I loved every character in Breaking Kate. Their friendships were true, and the banter between them was comical. I wish I could just jump in and be friends with them all.



Recommended Reading Order:

Breaking Kate (#1) Amazon  

Catching Kate (#1.5) Amazon ♥ Review
Releasing Kate (#2) Amazon ♥ Review
Loving Kate (#3) Coming March 23, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer