Saturday, November 22, 2014

Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men #1) by Linda Kage

Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men #1) by Linda Kage
Released August 14th 2013
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal
17833099

"I don’t care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean—

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It’s no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate...except for one teeny tiny glitch.

He's a gigolo.

Boy, do I know how to pick them."


Price of a Kiss was a cute, heartwarming Adult romance. It was lighthearted and romantic but still had emotional depth. The writing was great and the story was sweet. And definitely hot, I mean HOT!



This book instantly caught my attention. When Mason was 18, he was put in a tough predicament with his landlord, Ms Garrison, because his mother was struggling to make rent. When he was given the option to sleep with her or be evicted, you can only guess which option he went with. Now, at age 20, hes living a secret life of a gigolo, using the proceeds of his sexual encounters to help support his not-so-responsible mother and sister.

Reese is starting her life over halfway across the country, attending a small-town community with her aunt and uncle after her psycho stalker ex boyfriend nearly killed her. She now has a new name, new home, and a new school, and a new relationship was not on her mind. But when  Reese spotted Mason Lowe walking across campus, she was instantly attracted to him.
"From fifty yards, he'd taken my breath away.
From ten feet, I'd been ready to have his babies."



Reese gets a job babysitting a special needs child. That child just so happens to be Mason’s little sister, Sarah. Reese see’s first hand all that Mason goes through at home and the more she learns about him, the more she likes him. She knows she can’t have him... he is forbidden, but that won’t stop her from being a friend to Mason. Something he desperately needs. 

"You are the first person who sees me, Mason, not sex for sale"

Reese and Mason can't hold back their feelings for long, and its only a matter of time before they cross over from the friendship zone into something more.  Reese is falling for Mason. But Mason is also falling for Reese. Honestly, what neither expected was to fall in love with the other.

"I was in love with him. Dear God. 
I was in love with a gigolo.
It was crazy, insane; I was fully aware of that. But this was Mason. My spider killer. My left over food vacuum. My fellow Harry Potter fan. He was my soul mate. It was easy to look past the gigolo detail when I was with him."



When the two finally set their feelings aside...




I just love the quirky banter and sexual tension between the two. This book had a little bit of everything - laughs, heart break, and a really sweet, impossible romance that I rooted for from the first few pages.


Purchase Link:
Amazon: Kindle Edition

Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer