Friday, October 31, 2014

Pepped Up by Ali Dean (Pepper Jones Book 1)

Pepped Up by Ali Dean

Published August 25th, 2013

Spoiler Free by Meagan



"Pepper Jones is ready for an epic cross country season. She wants to qualify for Nationals, and she’s willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. She can handle long miles and hill sprints, but boys? That’s an entirely different challenge.
Pepper’s never considered revealing her deeper feelings for her longtime friend, Jace Wilder. After all, he’s got the personal magnetism and good looks to hook just about any girl in town -- and he has. Their friendship stands apart from high school social circles, and they’re both just fine with that (or at least they pretend to be).
That is, until running star Ryan Harding moves to town.
When it comes to running, Pepper’s goals are clear. But when it comes to Jace and Ryan, it’s nowhere near as simple"

Pepper Jones is a runner, that is what her life revolves around. She has never had a boyfriend or even desired to have one, unless you count her infatuation with her best friend Jace. Yes, the Jace Wilder is her best friend. Everything changes when Ryan comes to town. 

"The quiet moment is broken when I hear Jace in the woods. "Where is she?" he asks, seemingly to no one in particular. I stiffen, and Ryan stops moving his finger along my arm. When Jace bursts through the clearing across the campfire, green eyes blazing, I think I can actually see what frightens people about Jace. He looks volatile. 

"Jace?" I sit up and I hate that my voice quivers. I can see Jace's chest rising and falling as he breathes deeply. His hands clench and unclench. It feels like minutes, although I know it's only seconds, before he slowly makes his way around the campfire and crouches in front of me. "

Pepper quickly learns that she knows very little about Jace since he started high school and made new friends, although they have always been best friends. Jace has always been overly protective when it comes to Pepper, never wanted her to party or drink so when she starts to go out more, he goes out of control. 

"When did it start?" I ask. 
"I guess I noticed the first time he went all crazy was that night I saw you at Remy's place," Wes says. 
"and by get all crazy you mean, get super fucked up right?" Time to stop beating around the bush. 
"Yeah, He never gets real fucked up though. He'll chill, have some drinks, and stayed in control."

To outsiders it may seem like Jace has feelings for Pepper, but only she knows the truth. Her attraction to him is one sided, she knows he sees her as his little sister. Or does he?

"I won't do it anymore. If you don't want. If it means I can be with you." Jace says, his eyes searching my face.
"You won't do what? And be with me how?" 
"Be with you. Like this. Just like this. I could like here every night and I'd be the happiest person in the world."

With Jace sending mixed signals and her budding relationship with Ryan, what's a girl to do? Does Jace want to be with her? What about her and Ryan, where does this leave them? Does Pepper even want to be with Jace anymore? These are all questions I asked my self when I was reading this story. 

Props to Ali Dean for writing such a fantastic book. I laughed and my heart ached when ever Pepper was upset, which happened a few times. With running being such a big part of her life, what's a girl to do when she's confused? Run. And that is what she does with her trusty side kick Dave.

Purchase Link:
Amazon- Kindle Edition

Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer