Friday, October 31, 2014

Accidental Crush by Adrienne Torrisi (Accidental Crush 1)

Accidental Crush by Adrienne Torrisi
Published: October 5, 2013
Spoiler Free review by Meagan


"Sometimes you think you know exactly what life is going to be like and then something unexpected turns your world upside down. 
Ashley Taylor is just starting her freshman year of high school. She’s certain this year will be exactly like every other. She'll go unnoticed in the shadow of her older brother, Ryan, because he and his two best friends, Todd and Brian, are juniors as well as stars on the varsity football team. Everyone knows and loves them, while she is only a freshman; a nobody. 
Ashley has known both of her brother’s best friends her entire life, however, she's never really noticed Todd's clear, blue eyes and perfectly messy hair until now. Unfortunately, he still only sees her as Ryan's kid sister. Not to mention, he's also her best friend's older brother; so she needs to keep her true feelings a secret. 

As she navigates her own, difficult feelings, Ashley learns that she's not the only one keeping secrets, and if these other secrets get out, they could destroy friendships... maybe even lives."

Life has a funny way of helping you grow up, like finding out you've been crushing on your older brothers best friend who just so happens to be your best friends older brother. Until Ashley started high school, she never really noticed how cute Todd was. But when Ryan ends up in the hospital and Todd is there to comfort her, she finds herself staring at him, lost in thought about how blue his eyes are. 

WHAT! They are going to the dance? Together? I am trying to pull it together with out looking obvious, but luckily. Shane starts talking first.
"I thought you didn't care?" he says, eyeing me.

"Okay, you're right. I do care. I don't know exactly when it happened, but I can't stop thinking about him. My stomach starts doing flips whenever I see him and it really bothers me that RTS is always grabbing his hand."
"RTS?" Shane asks, confused.
"Um, just a little nickname I have for her."

Trying to keep a crush on your brothers best friends brother hidden is not easy. Ashley can only talk to Shane about her crush, now that he knows. Even though Ashley and Sydney are best friends, she doesn't exactly know how to tell her that she's crushing hard on Todd, talk about awkward! Can Ashley come to terms with possibly never getting a chance with Todd? Or will she tell him how she feels? Will they be able to have a go at a real relationship? These are things I wondered while I kept on reading this book.


"I'm sorry, Ash." Todd says.
"For what?" I ask as my heart sinks a little.
"For kissing you before. I knew you were vulnerable and I took advantage of you."
"What?" I blurt out; "Please don't think you took advantage of me. I wanted that to happen more than you know."  I quickly cover my mouth with my hands as if I could catch the words, but it's too late.
"Really?" He seems surprised and much happier than I expected and then there it is, his perfectly crooked smile.

As much as I do like this book, I have to admit that at times I felt like Adrienne didn't put enough into the story line, some times I didn't want to read more about Ryan and his issues or about Sydney. I wanted more about Todd and Ashley, which you do get in book two. I do like that not the entire story revolved around just Ash and Todd, they weren't in some whirlwind romance that lasted a week and already he professes his love, there was more to it than just them, at the same time I wanted more of a story with Todd and Ashley.

Purchase Link:
Amazon- Kindle Edition
Accidental Crush

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer