Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer Armentrout
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal
 
    
 
"Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is."

 Welcome to Earth.
Obsidian, by Jennifer L. Armentrout is not what I expected.

Ok..Ok...I know what you're thinking....I was hesitant about reading a book about aliens at first. I one clicked this book about 6 months ago when it was free on Amazon...and it sat on my TBR shelf. But HOLY ALIEN BABIES...once I picked this book up, I could NOT put it back down. Obsidian is a YA Paranomal Romance. It is part of a series, and in order to get the full effect, I highly recommend reading the books in order.
We meet Katy Swartz... when her and her mother are trying to "start over" after the death of her father. Katy is a funny, down-to-earth and Obsessed Book Blogger. We learn quickly on that Katy takes no crap from anyone. 

Daemon Black is drop dead gorgeous with a fit body and a sculptured face, but his mouth is another story. Katy lands on his door step unable to speak as she takes in his half naked body, but Daemon soon makes her close it by saying something sarcastic and sharp and so their relationship begins with this tone. With an attitude that switches from hot to cold, Daemon tried to keep Katy away from his sister, and away from him, from their secret and from their word.
“He was probably the hottest guy I’d ever seen in real life, and he was a total douche. Go figure.”
 
Katy instantly befriends Daemons twin sister, Dee. Between the whispers and stares at school, to the way everyone treats the two of them, Katy feels like something is different about the twins. But when Katy is put in a dangerous situation, Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has Katy lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way she is getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If she don't kill him first, that is. As she is drawn into a different world, Katy finds herself and those she loves in danger.


There was so many “What the f and What just happened moments” Such great twist and turns that keep you on edge and make you keep reading until you can no longer see straight. I love the angst between the characters and there “hatred” towards one another, soon you’ll find it as hilarious as I do. You can't help by fall for Daemon. Underneath his arrogance...there is actually a decent guy. And Katy and Dameaon do not get along. At all. And even though Katy and Daemon were constantly arguing, the chemistry was there. 

"You're such an ass. Has anyone ever told you that?"
He flashed a genuinely amused smile. "Oh, Kitten, every single day of my blessed life."

Purchase Link:


Obsidian (Lux, #1)

Check out the other books in the series...
Onyx (Lux, #2)

xoxo Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer