Monday, October 27, 2014

Emerge by S.E. Hall

Emerge by S.E. Hall
Released May 15, 2013
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

 


"Laney Walker is a quick witted, athletic, southern tomboy who lets few get too close, using her sarcastic zingers to deflect and no idea how others view her. 
Evan Allen's always been "friend zoned" yet protected and coveted Laney since they were children. But college puts a gap between them that neither were prepared for- old relationships are tested, new ones are formed and nothing will ever be the same.
Especially when in walks one Dane Kendrick, not at all the familiar, southern charmer of home, but an animal all his own. 
A story of growing up, friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love...and life."


Theres Laney Walker, a 10 year old girl raised by her father (naturally, she becomes a tom boy). When we meet Laney, she has gotten into it with a girl in her class, they think Laney is "angry and acting out," due to the lack female influence in her life. Principal Mills calls Laneys father in, and not only is he not surprised to find that Laney has been involved in a scuff, but that a boy named Evan Allen has stepped in to take up for her. Laneys dad sees this as noble and invited Evan to go fishing.

8 Years later.... We are taken to Laney and Evans senior year in high school. Laney and Evan are best friends. Hes the perfect best friend. He taught her how to drive, and they have many firsts together.

Evan Allen. Hes gorgeous. Six feet tall, lean, shaggy brown hair, blue eyes...total swoon worthy. Oh yeah...and throw in his football status, navy blue letter jacket, and slightly shy demeanor... and you've got every high school girl's fantasy. But he's only got eyes for Laney

Evan finally gets the nerve to ask Laney on a real date.
"Laney, you're THAT girl.. the one guys make up in their head when they put all the parts together to make one perfect girl. "
Actually, they both can not hide their feelings anymore, and its inevitable that they finally decide to go beyond best friends. They are prefect together, and i could not image a better boyfriend for Laney.
"I love her more than any man has ever loved a woman.. I am sure of it. I've loved her since the first time her little tomboy Ass smarted off to me, when she was all dirt and elbows.. and now, she's a goddess."
Evan and Laney applied to the same college, and even though they'd planned on attending the same school, Laneys acceptance letter never came. They both know that with Evan going  to UGA and Laney going to Georgia Southern, things will be different.. they spend the summer together, and once they both leave for school, they never expected it to be this hard. Laney and Evan come to agreement that they aren't going to hold each other back.. They still love each other, but won't hold each other back from happiness while apart.

Laney moves in where her new dorm roomie, Bennett... and her high school best friend, Kaitlyn, is at the college where Evan attends so she and Bennett became instant friends. Bennett wants Laney to live . And when Bennett forces Laney to go to a college event.. and she meets, Dane Kendrick... The guy who changes everything.. (My heart completely breaks right here for Evan)

Dane Kendrick. He is just beautiful. So much different then Evan -  Dark hair, dark eyes, tanned skin.. perfection.. I I never wanted to like Dane. I'm all Team Evan. Laney describes him as " The world's sexiest reason to drop you panties.." Well crap.. now I'm leaving from Team Evans to now..Team Fence.. Splinters or not- I am sitting here and NO ONE can make me move.. I want both. Laney needs both.

"Disney" and Dane ( that is his nickname for her) have such a strong connection. My fingers and my heart are on FIRE.. I'm about to burst.. and I know at this point.. I am a goner- along with Laney.. Hook, line, and sinker - I AM SUNK....
"I won't share you, Laney. Not your lips, not your thoughts, not your body, and especially not your heart. You don't have to give it all to me just yet, but give me nothing if any of it belongs to him."
"Open your eyes, Laney, look at me. Make damn sure you know it's me kissing you, and don't you ever hide from it." 
Laney is very mature for her age, but she constantly struggles with her feelings for Dane and not wanting to hurt Evan. But she soon realizes that what she has with Dane is unlike anything she experienced with Evan.

For a little while, we have sorta a love triangle going on..and I absolutely HATE love triangles. Love triangles are a hard subject to get right, but S.E. Hall nailed it in this novel. The emotions are intense and your heart goes out to all of these very lovable characters. This book kept me intrigued from the beginning and I will admit that my chores went neglected until I finished the last page

Evan is not going down without a fight, and god bless his heart. I felt every emotion, my heart leaped out my chest. and broke into a million pieces..and I cried for him.... and it was an UGLY cry.


image


Omg that ending! She picks, but did she pick the right one? What will she do when she realizes what was in the envelope he gave her? Won't that change everything? 

Grab a box of tissues and be ready to cry. Emerge by S.E. Hall is going to make you feel thigns you've never felt before.



Purchase Link:

Emerge (Evolve, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer