Friday, October 31, 2014

All Pepped Up by Ali Dean (Pepper Jones book 2)

All Pepped Up by Ali Dean
Published: July 10, 2014
Spoiler Free review by Meagan


(This is the second book in the Pepper Jones series. The following description contains spoilers for Pepped Up, which should be read first.)

"Pepper Jones knew that being Jace Wilder’s girlfriend wouldn’t be simple. But she didn’t predict just how many complications would arise from his past. Jealous girls? That she expected. Family secrets? Not so much. At least Pepper can always hit the trails to clear her head… except when it comes to racing. The high expectations from her phenomenal cross country season haunt her, and she can’t seem to get psyched up for track season. Pepper’s junior year at Brockton Public is full of challenges on and off the track, but she’s not afraid to face them."

Pepper and Jace are finally together and after two months of secretly dating to avoid hurting Ryan they finally go public only for Pepper to suffer the wrath of a very mean girl.

"So Jace let you come out again, huh?" Madeline doesn't waste time with fake niceties. 
"He likes to dote on you and I don't know what he sees, but it's about time he gave into your infatuation and let you have what you want. He'll get off on what ever little game he has going with you, and when he's had his fun, he'll be back in my bed." 
I gape at her, speechless.
"Serena takes a step forward. "You know he always goes back to Maddie. He can't get enough of her." 
Emma chimes in with, "Jace likes to love and leave but not with Maddie. He always wants another piece. Emma's voice is overtly nonchalant like she's just stating the way of the universe.
Madeline shrugs. "I know the score. He needs to spice things up a little with you, but he'll get bored. He always does." Madeline takes a step forward and tilts her cup toward my dress, letting the bright red liquid pour onto me before I can move out of the way. "Oops," she says "someone must have bumped me."

With girls like that after her, Pepper feels a little insecure with her relationship, always doubting herself and trying to prove to both her and Jace that he really does want to be with her. As time goes on and Pepper thinks Madeline has moved on, until a school wide text is sent making everyone, including Jace and Pepper doubt their relationship.

"Pepper," he says with a croak. The pain in his voice cuts into me. I shake my head back and forth. No Jace, you can't believe it. "When were those pictures taken?"
"In the fall, Jace. Before we were together," I spill the words out. 
The tension in his face, in his stance, relaxes considerably. Jace's body sags into mine and he brushes his thumb along my cheek bone. "I believe you." 

Maybe Jace really has changed, he's okay being with just one girl and leaving all the others behind. Maybe he really does have strong feelings for Pepper and does want to stay with just her. Pepper also has a lot going on with her life outside of Jace, she has no want to compete in track, she just wants to run. Preferably with out the expectations set up for her from other people. Luckily her friends, Bunny and her couch don't pressure her.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Pep. You know it's from before us, right? I would never do that to you, Pep. You believe me, don't you? Pep." He pleads, trying to pull me into him as I stand on shaky legs. 
"Just give me tonight to process this." I say, searching his face, hoping he'll understand that I don't know what to feel right now.


Can Jace and Pepper make it through all this drama surrounding them? Can she figure out what's going on with her running? Will she ever compete again because she wants to, not because what's expected of her. Can she piece her family back together and save her relationship with Jace? I wondered these questions while reading this book, I even had my own answers. Ali Dean did another remarkable job bringing Jace and Pepper to life for her readers, she also knows how to make her readers laugh and feel the pain that her characters feel. I personally, can not wait for more Pepper Jones and Jace Wilder.

Purchase Link:
Amazon- Kindle Edition
All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer