Sunday, December 7, 2014

Finding Christina by Scarlett Jade (Wild Rose Series 2)

Finding Christina (Wild Rose Series #2) by Scarlett Jade
Released November 24, 2014
Spoiler Free by Meagan
"Christina didn't stop the crash of reality from coming down on her best friend Grace after she fell in love with the sexy professor Drake Stone. She hated herself as she continued to lie to her, but lying was the only thing she'd ever known. It had always been easier to tell a colorful lie than admit to a dark truth. 
Protecting Grace from the truth until the last minute was the goal, when she'd need her best friend's forgiveness and help more than ever. All she could hope for when the dust settled from the bombshell of the biggest lie she'd ever told was that what was broken could be repaired. Christina had a plan all along from the minute she found her time was running out—the littlest wild rose would have a family. At all costs."

Where do I even start with this book? I was so excited when it came out and I was able to read. Once I started this, it was over just as fast. Scarlett Jade has a phenomenal  way with writing the stories that pop into her head. She has a way with drawing her readers in and making them live the story as if it was their own life.

When we start Christina's story it starts with Christmas vacation at Yale, the only problem is, colleges don't let students stay on campus during breaks. Christina is forced to go home and face her family. But when she ends up in the hospital she is forced to face the facts, including that she may not have much time left here with her friends and family.

"The trick to getting what you want from someone is waiting until they have everything to lose and you have nothing left. Then you grab them by the balls and squeeze. They'll roll every time."

Christina knows how to get her way with things she wants, that was learned when she kept Grace from the truth about Drake. Except this time, she doesn't know if she can have everything she wants. When Christina is finally forced to tell Grace the truth, Grace of course gets upset, she doesn't need someone to protect her. All Christina wanted to do was protect her best friend, because no one protected her when she needed it most. 

Hurt flickered in Grace's warm eyes. "Why did you lie to me?" "My mother would tell you that I'm a pathological liar and I love attention. In a way maybe she's right. It's easier to tell a colorful story sometimes than to tell the truth. I'm not proud of the lies I've told and I've messed things up. You need to understand that I'm not the good person you think I am." Christina pleaded."But you are a good person. I know you are.""My story isn't over yet. Don't make your decision about a character halfway through the story. Haven't you ever heard to wait until the last page? Maybe the bad person redeems herself. Or, maybe the bad person is rotten to the core. We won't know until the end."

Grace and Christina reconnect after all truths are revealed, but she still hides some thing to protect her for just a few days. In the end, Grace is and always will be an amazing person and always see the  good in people, unless they truly are rotten to the core. 

Christina ends up asking a big favor of Grace, one that could change her life and would if she ever had to fulfill her promise, but Christina would do anything, include giving up her own life if it meant the littlest Wild Rose could have a family.

Scarlett Jade completely ripped my heart out and stomped on it with this story, but I don't love it any less. I've said it before and I'll say it anytime, she is absolutely amazing with sucking us readers in. I warn you to grab your tissues and chocolate, because you will need them, maybe even wine too!

Finding Christina (Book 2 Wild Rose Series)
Purchase Link Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer