Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Take Me for Granted (Take Me #1) by K.A. Linde

Take Me for Granted (Take Me #1) by K.A. Linde
Released April 29, 2014
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal.
20572758

"Grant
Manwhore. Adrenaline junkie. Lead singer of ContraBand. What you see is what you get. I make no apologies for my actions, and by now no one expects any from me. I live my life the way I want and as long as it pushes the demons back, then I'm solid. I've never needed a chick for more than a good lay. Why would I need just one when I can have a different one every night?

Until she walks into my world.

Aribel
Mouthy. Perfectionist. Princeton student. Chemistry major. Yes, that pretty much describes me. Oh, and virgin. But I'm only nineteen, and have more important things to concern myself with. What really matters is finishing my degree and getting a good job. I’ve worked hard for what I want, and do what’s expected of me. I don’t need anyone to get in my way.

Until he opens up my world.

But if I give you my world, whatever you do…don’t TAKE ME for granted."

This was another book that I just so happened to stumble upon and I was completely shocked.

 photo imagejpg1_zpsb6dc3e04.jpgGrant is a self proclaimed manwhore. He's the lead singer of a local band called Contraband, who smokes, drinks, has sex with a different girl [or more than one] every night. 

Aribel is a Princeton student, always one of the best, being raised in a wealthy family in Boston, with ambitions, as a daughter of a CEO banker and all that bass. She meets Grant after her roommates drag her to the pub and Grant hits on her. She instantly turns him down, but that only fuels his need to pursue her. 


"She might come to her senses and realize that I was no prince in disguise; I was just a frog waiting for a kiss from a princess."

Grant had never pursued girls or went after them and when Grant set his sights on Aribel, I'm not sure he had any idea what he was in for . But for some reason he needs to conquer her. So he keeps asking for a date with her. 



Aribel is trying to keep her distance, she's also considering to give him a chance, because believes her life has to follow this grand plan that her parents have bestowed on her, aka he is not the type of man her parents want her to be with, she manages to see more to him than his playboy/rockstar persona.  She was an unexpected surprise. My favorite character in a book is often the snarky, blunt best friend. In Take Me For Granted, the heroine is that snarky blunt best friend. She wasn't whiny, she had a backbone, and she oozed wit and sarcasm. 
"I had no control with her, and yet I didn't feel the pain."
The chemistry between these two had my stomach flip flopping at every turn. They were so entertaining and sweet, and I LOVED the banter between these two!  

TakeMeForGranted

Grant finds himself doing things he's never done before he works for and purses Ari relentlessly and as hard as Ari tries to fight him on every turn she starts to develop feelings towards this determined and persuasive man. The two bring out something in each other that nobody else can. 

Rants: Aribel: Her downside was that she was an uptight virgin completely focused on school with no time for men. Grant: Just some of the things he did and didn't do just made me want to punch him in the face. And the way the two of them kept jumping to conclusions, or the fact they didn't talk about things like adults should. A few of the secondary characters I just didn't care for...Vin & Syndey !

The plot was deceptively simple. You tend to think you know exactly what is happening this entire book - and then the end throws you for a loop. I am really intrigued to read book two. I enjoyed reading my first K.A. Linde book and I can’t wait for the next installment to see what happens with Grant and Aribel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer