Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Never Never (Never Never #1) by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

Never Never (Never Never #1) by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Released January 11, 2015
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

23383567

"Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget."


I was warned but yet I couldn't stay away. Once I one clicked Never Never, I was pulled in...I had to read it even though I was told there was a major cliffhanger! 
"Never stop.  Never forget."
 photo 97ea5ead-53fc-4b18-addf-df5c6191d730_zps18f01d56.jpgThis story is told in alternating points of view... points of view of two characters, Charlie Wynwood and Silas Nash. In a blink of an eye, they "wake up" in high school, they have no idea who they are, how they lost their memories, who they are to each other, or why they're in this together as the world around them seemingly carries on as usual. The story unfolds with these two high school students, who seem to have a lengthy history together,
“I may not remember anything about her, but I would bet her smile was my favorite part of her” 
 though they can't remember any of it, trying to piece together who they are and how they got here. Searching for clues, trying to decode conversations with strangers and friends, who at the moment are also strangers, trying to make sense of something unexplainable.
“Before, when I looked at her, she was just the girl who as experiencing this weird phenomenon with me. Now when I look at her, she's the girl I've apparently made love to for a while. The girl I apparently still love. I just wish I could remember what it's supposed to feel like.” 
I have no clue what is happening.... I was immediately confused, once I finally started to gasp the concept of what was going on...BAM...the story is almost over. 

I really liked Silas.  I am sort of liking him more because he seems all good, I loved his personality traits that found their way to the surface even when he didn't know himself. He's adorable and flirtatious. The heroine, Charlie, well she has her moments.  Sometimes I like her, sometimes she's a bitch. Charlie seems like being good is a struggle for her, even when she knows nothing about her past self. She's abrasive, her walls impenetrable- I liked her, I just loved being in Silas' head more. 

I also loved the fact that this was like giving both of them a fresh new personality makeover.  What would you do if you could start tomorrow a completely different person?  What choices would you make then?  Would you regret your past ones?  <--- That is my favorite part of this book.  I want to explore more of that.  But for that we need answers.

Your mind will be working over time trying to untangle this web of mystery. It is like opening a Pandora's box that keeps going and going. The story keeps you guessing. It's hard to box this story, into a genre until you know the outcome, an outcome we don't get until MAY 2015. Whatever THIS is, could be anything. Is it a dream? Is this a result of illness, or medication, or drugs?Are they test subjects in a science experiment? Who are these people and how'd this happen? The questions only mount as the story unfolds.


I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!

description
Overall, I felt captivated and consumed consumed. This story is nothing at all what I expected. I can't really say what I expected, but it wasn't this. It's mind boggling. It's outside the box. It's something new, something different, something that's never, never been done before. I guessed. I theorized. And I came up blank. I have no idea where this is going, and I can't wait to continue the story to find out.




Purchase: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer