Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Pep Talks (Pepper Jones series book 4) by Ali Dean

Pep Talks (Pepper Jones book 4) by Ali Dean
Published July 26th, 2015
Spoiler Free by Meagan


"(This is the fourth book in the Pepper Jones series, which should be read in order. The first three books in the series may be purchased as a box set for a discounted price, under the title “The Pepper Jones Collection.”) 
Pepper’s freshman year at college is a harder transition than she anticipated. Uncertain of her coach’s expectations or her place amongst her new teammates, she struggles to redefine her running goals and identity on the cross country team. 

Pepper’s steady relationship with Jace should be a source of comfort as she navigates the college social environment, but an unexpected event throws everything between them off track. 
Also, hear from Jace’s point of view for the first time EVER. 
Growing up is hard, and when you’re Pepper Jones, running may be the only way to help you get through it"

This book. I'm actually kicking myself for never having reviewed this one. I absolutely love this series, though I can't remember anymore how I stumbled upon it. I do remember how much I pestered this poor author for more. Shoot, if she were to tell me today she was writing more I would scream with glee. Okay, phew. Point is, I love the story of Pepper and Jace, although this book was a little hard to get through because of all the shit these two are put through. 

Pepper starts her freshman year at college, already making friends with her teammates and having fun. Things with Jace are going great, although he lives off campus it is within walking distance. It's going to be a great year, right? 

Ehhhh, maybe not. Like I've stated in other reviews it wouldn't be a good story line with out drama and oh boy there is a lot of that to be had. Pepper needs to grow up, a lot. Jace has a lot to learn about him self. They say you can't kill love, but Ali Dean does know how to wound us pretty badly. 

I remember when I finished this book it was like one or two in the morning and all I wanted to do was cry, my heart was crushed, Ali Dean stated the length of time we had to wait for the next book and it was just too long for me. I needed to know what my  "friends" so to speak. were up to. I needed to make sure things were going to be okay. It wasn't good enough to know that there would be another book.

If you can't already tell by the way I'm talking, Pepper and Jace hit a rough patch in their relationship and Jace himself goes through a really hard time with his family. I can't go into too much detail, I wont spoil it for you. I do have a bit of advice, don't read this one with out having the next one pre downloaded and keep chocolate and tissues close by. Your heart will be ripped out, but don't worry, you don't have to wait for the next one like I did. 


Add to TBR
Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer