Friday, October 28, 2016

Mr. Sportsball by K.P. Haigh


Mr. Sportsball

By K.P. Haigh

Review by Rachel



~Synopsis~
Montgomery Bell craves adventure—the kind that knocks on your door and drags you out by your half-slept-on hair because it can’t wait another second.

The problem is, she still lives thirty minutes away from where she grew up, in college town obsessed with the one thing she hates: football.

It doesn't help that Montgomery wouldn’t know the difference between an interception and a fumble if one hit her in the face.

When she meets Baron Richards, it practically does.

Baron is a rising star in the professional football world. Their worlds collide, sending Montgomery on the kind of adventure she never even thought to look for.

Finding love isn’t the end of the story. You have to figure out what to do with it once you catch it, and run like hell to make that happen.

Don’t worry, Montgomery’s running…she just doesn’t quite know which direction yet.


~REVIEW~

I went into Mr. Sportsball not knowing what the story-line entailed. Of course, it wasn't too hard to figure out just by the title alone...*dundundun*, I should be a detective. Hehehe...
This was my first time reading anything by K.P. Haigh and I was pleasantly surprised with her fun, clever and quirky style of writing.

The story-line is one that has been done before... 

*Football star meets unassuming girl in bar
*Unassuming girl is clueless as to who he is
*She resists him when she finds out he plays football
*Finally gives in to temptation...

...with a few more surprises and scenarios tossed in. 

As much as I enjoyed the writing, there seemed to be something missing, something that just didn’t completely click. I liked the characters enough, even through their communication flaws, but I didn't exactly feel the love that they were supposedly sharing. 
I felt like there should’ve been more
More depth, and...oh, the dialogue. 
It needed a lot more dialogue.
There were many parts that I felt should’ve had serious amounts of it when there was absolutely none. I think that would've helped this book out tremendously had their been more conversation included. 

*Minor Semi-spoiler alert* 
A few scenes bugged me but there is one part in particular that stands out like a zit on prom night. The first time Baron tells Monty that he loves her is after he gets "caught" by a magazine hugging up on a cheerleader. Now, granted, it was one of those situations that looked like something it wasn't. But to me, him telling her I love you, seconds after she sees the photo and questions him....that was a bullshit move on his part.
Obviously I got passed it and went on with the story, but I didn't like that part, at all.
*End of Semi-spoiler alert*
 

There were moments of... 

*Helloooo, Baron! Rawwrr!*
*Wait, what in the hell are they doing?!*
*Umm, No. Don't do that, that's really dumb*
*Yes, do that. Lots more of that!*
*Dude, y'all gotta talk to each other. For REAL*

Overall, Mr. Sportsball was a cute and fun read. I laughed quite a bit, and highlighted some really clever lines that stuck out. 
Nothing life changing but still an enjoyable read!
 I'll definitely check out more from K.P. Haigh!

Find K.P. Haigh online:



No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer