Friday, February 3, 2017

SKIN : A 44 Chapters Novel by BB Easton

SKIN : A 44 Chapters Novel 
By BB Easton 
Review by Rachel



“Knight was a skinhead. Correction, Knight was THE skinhead.”
-BB Easton, 44 Chapters About 4 Men

Based on (mostly) true events, SKIN is the story of Knight and BB. It is the story of how a good girl, from a good home, with good intentions and even better grades, managed to get herself mixed up in every bad thing imaginable. It is about love and loss and learning that in this life, looks can be deceiving. 

*To fully enjoy this book it is recommended that readers first experience 44 CHAPTERS ABOUT 4 MEN; however, SKIN can be read as a stand-alone. 

**SKIN is not intended for everyone. It contains themes that might upset or offend sensitive audiences. Please consult the introduction for a list of triggers. 

***Now I'm just adding asterisks to be an asshole.

♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞♞

My Thoughts

....are a complete cluster fuck in the most delicious way possible. When I say this is NOTHING like you've ever read, I mean it's absolutely NOTHING like you've ever read before, or ever will read again. Nothing will ever touch this series for me. I will own it in every format available and, god willing, keep my shit together when I finally meet BB Easton.


Photo by BexLovesBooks on BB Easton Facebook

This novel stems from BB Easton’s first book called 44 Chapters About 4 Men (see review here). 
Skin is book one of the series that will cover the 4 men from BB’s life that were mentioned in 44 Chapters. My recommendation is to read that one first, but you technically don’t “have to”. Although you’d be crazy nuts if you didn’t read every damn word this bat-shit passionate, punk ass bish has written. #GIRLCRUSH

Skin gave me the best (worst?) book hangover I’ve ever encountered. I was useless. Completely. Utterly. Useless. All I could think about was Knight and BB for weeks! They consumed my entire existence. I couldn’t function. My family got death glares when asking what was for dinner. I seriously felt like I was going crazy…and Knight, aka Skin, was the root cause of it all. I couldn’t even THINK about reading anything else...so what did I do? I reread 44 Chapters and Skin two more times each. Just to really drive it home and ensure my one way ticket to some serious therapy.

Photo From BB Easton Facebook Page

This book is not for the faint of heart. It’s not for the ladies who want sunshine and roses shooting out of…umm….every page. ;-) It’s not for the ladies who want their book boyfriends tall, dark and handsome with a side of beefcake. This is for the ladies who can sympathize with the black sheep, the weirdos and the loners. Ronald McKnight, aka Knight, aka Skin, will get completely under your skin. He’ll piss you off. He’ll steal your heart. He’ll make you want to do dirty, dirty things. You’ll want to scream at BB's adorable little punk ass to, “RUN! RUN FOR YOUR DAMN LIFE!” But by the same token, you’ll also find yourself whispering for her to “Stay. Hold him tight. Make him understand. Make him realize there’s more out there.” I never in a million years thought I’d be able to say one of my top book boyfriends is a Skinhead. But here I am. Screaming it loud and proud. I loved revisiting all of the 90’s music and fashion that’s mentioned in Skin (and 44 Chapters) And going back to when smoking was cool. Haha! BB paints a picture so vivid, I felt like I was living vicariously through her and I loved every second of it.

BB Easton, you emotionally mind fucked me, and I cannot wait for more.

Photo From BB Easton Facebook Page

Links for BB and her Boys






No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer