Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sweet Nothing by Jamie McGuire & Teresa Mummert

Sweet Nothing By Jamie McGuire & Teresa Mummert

Release Date: November 1, 2015

Spoiler Free Review by Rachel


 Synopsis

 It is enough to break any man: watching what could have been my future slip away before it was ever in my grasp. The possibility of losing someone I loved before she was even mine is something I never would have imagined—certainly nothing I'd ever wish on anyone. I went to her every day and waited. Waited for the impossible, for a sign, for her to look at me ... hoping sinners are granted miracles, too. 

Just one glimpse of him was all it took. In the next lane, at a stop light, was the man I would fall in love with and marry. People talk about love that takes time—the kind you fall in to. We were more like a crash and burn. When our lives intertwined, I knew I would never be the same. He was the man I would cherish the rest of my life, who would father my children. In an instant our life together began, and in an instant it would end. The late nights; the excuses; the lies. And in the blink of an eye, it was like we never were. 

For the first time, experience a heartfelt, jaw-dropping novel by New York Times bestsellers Jamie McGuire and Teresa Mummert. 

When you think you know what's happening, you're only half way there. 





My Review

Josh Avery, aka, McPanties, aka, Hospital Hustler, aka, My future husband. Ok, maybe not the last one, but a girl can dream! Back to business at hand! Josh is a paramedic who relocated to Philadelphia to get away from his hometown and the tragic memories it holds over him. He's quickly making his way into numerous pairs of panties during his time delivering patients to St. Ann's hospital. Quinn, Josh's best friend/medic partner and partner in crime, delights in Josh's failed attempts at securing a date with one beautiful, unattainable, emergency room nurse. We soon find out that sadness hides behind Josh's flirty smiles. He earned his first "stripe" at the age of 7, and tragedy has followed him ever since. Josh even has the "marks" on his body to prove it.  


Avery Jacobs is an ER Nurse at St. Ann's Hospital in Philly. Avery is serious about her career and doesn't waste time with trivial drama. She lost her parents in an accident while still in high school and has no contact with what's left of her distant family. If it weren't for her best friend and colleague, Deb, she'd probably be a hermit. She knows Josh Avery is a player that has been with numerous other nurses in the hospital she works in, so she avoids his advances like the plague. Avery soon finds herself in a situation that lets her truly get to know Josh and the layers that define him. Getting take out at JayWok, worker Coco says, "He's cute. With all of that dark hair and the light eyes, he reminds me of the Prince from The Little Mermaid. But, you know, beefier!". Deb had a ton of crass and witty lines that will have you rolling!  
Josh and Avery's story begins with an after work encounter at a red light. All he wants is to get her attention; all she wants is to get home after a long day in the ER. Very quickly, their flirty banter takes a scary turn as her puke-green Prius gets slammed into his classic, white, Barracuda. What happens next shakes them both to their core. Just when you think you know what's going to happen the story takes a wild series of turns and takes you in a direction you never thought possible. You'll think you know....but keep reading, because you have no idea


I went into this book completely blind, and that's a rarity for me. Sure, I'd seen the cover and shared a few teasers, but still never read the full synopsis. For some reason, I just didn't want to know much about this book before reading it, I wanted to go in with a sense of unknown. I'm sure you know that Jamie McGuire gave us those smoking hot Maddox boys, starting with Travis, among many other equally great novels and novellas that I have read and loved. I also devoured the White Trash Trilogy by Teresa Mummert. I knew that if these two fabulous authors were collaborating, it was going to be epic. 
......And boy was it!
Sweet Nothing is written in dual POV, which I love! The unique way that Jamie and Teresa craft the story of Josh and Avery is utterly flawless in my opinion. I was rooting for these lovable characters, even through their flaws. I absolutely loved their best friends, Quinn and Deb. They were light hearted and brought some hilarious diatribe to the story! The writing flows perfectly, keeps you intrigued, and then, BAM!, it throws you for a loop of epic proportions! Seriously, this twist was so shocking and unexpected; and it just kept turning, and turning, and turning
No way! What the holy guacamole hell is happening!
I was completely baffled in the BEST WAY POSSIBLE! I fully believed in these characters and felt their connection to one another. I believed in the passion they showed for their careers and the passion for the deep love they shared. It's hard to review this book without giving any hints of what happens!
So, I'll leave you with this....READ THIS BOOK OR DIE! Just kidding, but seriously, you'll regret it if you don't read this novel. It will leave you with your jaw on the floor, a huge smile on your face, a serious hankering for Chinese food, and a massive school girl crush on Josh Avery. 

  Click here for a note from Teresa Mummert if you have questions about the spectacular ending. Don't read if you haven't finished the book!

 Sweet Nothing Links:

Find it on Amazon and Goodreads

Don't forget to check out both of these incredible Authors!

Jamie McGuire: Website and Facebook

Teresa Mummert: Website and Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer