Friday, October 2, 2015

Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras

Kaleidoscope Hearts by Claire Contreras
Released January 20, 2015
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

23545800



"He was my older brother's best friend. 

He was never supposed to be mine. 
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on. 

One of us did. 
One of us left. 

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me. 
He broke my heart last time. 
This time he'll obliterate it."

This is a standalone.

This is story of broken hearts and second chances. It’s a story of soul-mates, first loves, who just needed to open their eyes and take a chance on each other.


Estelle, aka Elle, is mourning the loss of her fiancé, while trying to pick up the pieces and move on. She’s aided by those who love her, among which is her protective older brother, Vic.


In a somewhat forbidden and secretive love scenario, Vic’s best friend Oliver has broken Elle’s heart more than once in the past. Oliver may have once been a player, but I had no doubt in mind what his feelings were for Elle in the present. To tell the truth, Elle has really never put her feelings for Oliver behind her – even though she has loved another. She has been in love with him since she was 16 years old. He is just perfect. He is insanely handsome and is the sweetest guy. They have this amazing connection and huge physical attraction. The only problem is her brother. He has made it quite clear that Elle is off bounds for all of his mates. Now living with her brother, Elle and Oliver are once again on a collision course with destiny. 


 photo tumblr_ni54ehSt1G1u7xykeo1_500_zpsg57sgiud.gif
"Every second counts. Live in this moment. This is life. This is what matters."
2Elle makes Kaleidoscope Hearts from broken glass and the reason why she started making them and what they mean to her is both beautiful and gut wrenching. I loved the symbolism and would absolutely love to be able to buy one ( who am I kidding, I would buy ten) 
“It’s a heart. They always break at some point. Sooner or later someone will come along and shatter it anyway—might as well be you.”
Elle and Oliver tell the story from both their perspectives. This is what I love best about a story. It adds more definition to each of their personalities, giving me as a reader a more personal reaction to each of them. Understanding their thoughts and feelings puts them on a more level playing field. I was drawn to both characters. Oliver was a tad bit more elusive but in the end, he gained my respect and understanding. Even though I found Elle to be a bit stubborn, she had me cheering her on from the starting gate. Both were impressively drawn characters.

Claire Contreras has a great writing skill. The words just flow. This is a must read.  
A beautiful kaleidoscope 4.5 star read

Purchase Link -> Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer