Saturday, August 1, 2015

Bully (Fall Away series #1) by Penelope Douglas

Bully by Penelope Douglas
Released June 17, 2013
Spoiler Free by Meagan


My name is Tate. He doesn't call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all. No, he'll barely even speak to me.
But he still won't leave me alone.
We were best friends once. Then he turned on me and made it his mission to ruin my life. I've been humiliated, shut out, and gossiped about all through high school. His pranks and rumors got more sadistic as time wore on, and I made myself sick trying to stay out of his way. I even went to France for a year, just to avoid him.
But I'm done hiding from him now, and there's no way in hell I'll allow him to ruin my senior year. He might not have changed, but I have. It's time to fight back. 
I'm not going to let him bully me anymore.


When we first meet Tatum Brandt, or Tate as she prefers, she's a scared sixteen year old girl. What is it she's scared of? That would be Jared Trent, her childhood best friend. When Jared and Tate started high school, Jared became mean, he would spread rumors about Tate and bully her enough to make her cry. Why would he doe something like this? Well, that's the mystery of the book. 

Tate decides now is the time to start fighting back, she does this right before she takes off to study abroad for a year in France. But when she gets back is when she really starts to fight back. Finally she has had enough of Jared and Madocs cruel jokes, she doesn't think they're funny and its time she figures out why he hates her so much, why he stopped being her friend when all she wanted was him and what really happened to him that summer before high school.



Tate is determined not to let Jared ruin her senior year, what better way to start fighting back than to punch his best friend in the face and break his nose? I think that right there sends a big message, but apparently not big enough. Nothing stops Jared. Until one day he realizes that she's making friends again for sticking up for herself and even drawing attention to herself from a few male classmates. 


I'm sure anyone who was bullied at any point in high school always thought about fighting back or doing anything to get the bully to stop. Though no one probably did, lucky for us though Tate fights back so much that Jared stops, even if it's for a short period of time. They play this game back and forth with each other and finally one day, he just stops. Why? After all this tine would he stop? I guess you'll have to go buy this book to find out. 

Purchase link

Add to your TBR

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer