Saturday, February 21, 2015

Tight by Alessandra Torre

Tight by Alessandra Torre
Released February 6th, 2015
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

24864500

"I was happy in my small town. In my life as a single, thirty-two year old woman. I had a good job, wonderful friends, my independence.

I also hadn't got laid in three years. Hadn't been on a date in two. Had stopped counting calories and wearing makeup... a while ago.

Then Brett Jacobs waltzed in. Caressed my thigh, dug rough fingers into my hair, lowered his soft mouth to my skin, took sexual control of my mind and stirred it all around with what he packed in his pants. He flipped my quiet life upside down and crawled into a place in my heart I thought was dead.

The issue is his secret.
The issue is her.
The issue is that I don't even know she exists, and he thinks she's dead.
The issue is that shit is about to hit the fan and I can't hold on to him tight enough."



I LOVE Alessandra Torre and when I learned of Tight, I was super excited...she never disappoints. The thing I love about Alessandra's books: You never know what to expect. I always go into her books completely blind. 
Tight is really two stories in one.  Told in tandem, these two stories need one another. They feed one another and work together to slowly build suspense.  The first story is Brett and Riley.  Their tale is a contemporary romance about a slightly insecure small town girl and the handsome, wealthy stranger she meets on a trip with her girlfriends. We see their relationship grow and bloom over a 6 month span and it was very intense and beautiful. 

 photo 0B18CA75-DFB3-4478-8394-26CEC533B693_zpsiwuahsem.jpg
Thirty two year old Riley Johnson is from a small town near Atlanta, called Quincy. She is quite comfortable with life in a small town.  By comfortable I mean bored. A good job and plenty of friends and family, and a a love life, or should I say lack of love life. When Riley heads to the Bahamas with her friends for a Bachelorette Party, shes not expecting to meet a handsome, affectionate, generous and rich man by the name of Brett Jacobs. When the two of them share a steamy first kiss, Riley frightens out.  But when the two of them run into each other again  It’s just a fling, right? Wrong.  Brett gives Riley a taste of the good life:  hot sex, hot rendezvous and, perhaps the most important of all, love.  

However, all is not well in paradise. Brett’s job is a mystery and, though it takes them to romantic hot spots, Riley grows suspicious.  Is it all in her head or is Brett too good to be true? Is he really a Yacht salesman?  Who are his clients and why does she never meet them?  Why does he leave her alone for hours at a time in a strange place to wine and dine them? Being the Chief of Police’s daughter isn’t an easy task either, with any potential relationships tested by his background checks and DNA samples. But it will come in handy for her new relationship that has everybody in town talking about the hot rich man that whisks Riley away to romantic weekends on his private plane.  As Riley’s trust in Brett begins to crack, she does some digging and isn’t prepared for what she finds.
“I needed him. My body needed him. Wanted more. I had behaved in the hallway of the 8th floor. I had made a mistake. I didn’t intend to make another.”
The second story is very mysterious and suspenseful.  We meet a girl named Kitten, and we know that’s not her real name. She is being held captive in a small cell. Her captor, who appears to be studying her, is also training her to lose hope. She will never be free.  He wants to break her down but Kitten remains strong. While we are on Brett and Riley’s journey of romance, we get bits and pieces from her perspective.  She is being raped, she is being beaten but she is clinging to something…or someone.  Yes, she may be connected to one of our main characters.  How?  Who is she?
“Kissed. Worshipped. Seduced. Fucked within an inch of her life.”
As these stories progress, the reader begins to see they may have a whole lot to do with one another. Also, we’re counting down to something.  Some chapters will start with a length of time and then the ominous word “before.” Before what??  The reader will have many theories, many thoughts and an infinite amount of questions.  Kitten’s mysterious situation and Brett and Riley’s romance combine for one hell of a masterful story full of love and suspense.  And did I mention the sex?  HOT!  HOLY COW.... I thought I had it all figured out....

If you've read Alessandra Torres, Black Lies, you will see many similarities in writing style. Tight is sweet, full of suspense, lies, secrets, exotic places, hot sex and as usual a little twisted!



Purchase: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer