Saturday, February 28, 2015

More Than Her (More Than #2) by Jay McLean

More Than Her (More Than #2) by Jay McLean
Released November 17, 2013
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

18215175


"For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction."

For every choice you make there are rewards, 
or there are consequences.
It was my choice to walk away the first time.
And my choice to chase her the second.
But sometimes you don't get a choice, 
and all you get are the consequences.


"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Unless that someone is Logan Matthews. 
Because loving him didn't give me 
the strength to walk away.
It didn't give me 
the courage to fight for him.
And when it was over, 
all it gave me was a broken heart."



Oh maaaannnn.  Jay McLean – you know how to break a heart!

This story centres around Logan and Amanda, a girl who had a minor presence in More Than This but becomes a central character and member of Logan's group of friends that we became acquainted with in book 1. More than Her is the story of Logan and Amanda.  We first met Logan in More than This – Jake and Kayla’s story.  Logan is the boy with the gruff exterior – affectionately known as Asshole, but with looks to draw the girls in. 

descriptionBefore you read More Than Her – you must read More than This.  While these two stories could be read as a standalone, it is integral to the reader that they understand the dynamics of this group of friends, and just how deep their connections run. If you haven’t read More Than This…  STOP HERE – grab More than This – meet Jake and the gang.. have your heartbroken for Mikayla and see what makes this group of young people ones that are full of substance, loyalty and humour.
“You're just saying that because you want to get layooked.” 
Logan and Amanda both have pasts and secrets within those pasts that become a big part of this book. Logan’s past is intense, it’s traumatic, and he has to confront it to be able to learn to love. Amanda has not had it easy either, and these experiences make these two love hard and deep together, but is it enough?

The first half of this book was a retelling of how Logan and Amanda met, and what has happened between them and what is going on with them now. The second half focuses more on their relationship and the obstacles that they face in overcoming their pasts. 
“I can't give you much, or anything at all. But when I say those words to you, it won't just be words—It will be me giving you something that means something. And you deserve to know that, to feel that. So please, let me be the first to say it—because I need to be able to at least give you that...and when I do—those three words will be yours, forever. And so will I.” 
Logan is such a loveable character – he is an arse of the ultimate arse kind – but you truly cannot do anything but empathise with him, and hold his heart in your hands while he goes on this journey. Amanda is the perfect amount of sweetness and spunk to take Logan on.  
“I'm not fucking calling you a slut!" She took a step forward. "But if cocks had wings you'd be fucking airport.”
Logan and Amanda… there is so little I can say without spoiling this story.  But holy crap – twists and turns with six degrees of separation.  There are so many elements of this story that I didn’t see coming – and that is twice that Mrs McLean has blindsided me. There are some great moments that have you laughing, some moments that have you crying and holding your breath.  The secondary characters have been so well developed that their banter is seamless, and the introduction of new characters fits effortlessly into this story. Lucy is still as entertaining as hell!

I am rating More than Her 4 ½ stars – the elements that held this back from being a 5 star read for me are the end…  I didn’t want the cliffhanger – I can see why it has happened – there is much more story to tell – but…    and there were also elements in this story that seemed to drag (first half of the book) – this drag made some of the story tedious for me…  again I understand the rationale behind this – but it just kept this from being the perfect story for me – only just I might add! While I wish I could say I was completely loving the whole book I didn't. The second half of this book was WOW, OMG, *swoon* worthy with a mix of angst, thrill and drama. It was so good in fact that I can overlook the beginning of the book.


More Than Reading Order:

More Than This (More Than #1): Amazon
More Than Her (More Than #2): Amazon
More Than Him (More Than #3): Amazon
More Than Forever (More Than #4): Amazon
More Than Enough (More Than, #5): Expected 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer