Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I See You by Molly McAdams

I SEE YOU By Molly McAdams 

Release Date: November 1, 2016

Review by Rachel



~Synopsis~

During one wild night in college, Jentry Michaels is a tidal wave of ink that brands Aurora Wilde’s soul. An unparalleled stain she can’t forget despite the many months that have passed—and despite the distraction she’d hoped she would find in her new relationship with Declan, the charmer who captured her heart soon after. Jentry has irrevocably touched her soul, and he is intertwined in her present and future in ways she never fathomed. Now Aurora is faced with keeping that night hidden though it feels as if the ink has indelibly etched their story across her skin.

When Declan is confronted with his own personal demons, Aurora must decide if she will continue to hold tight to their relationship and a safe, reliable future with him, or if she will turn to Jentry—the guy she can’t forget no matter how hard she tries.…

~Review~

Side note...If you know me at all, you know how much of a die hard Trent lover I am (Trent Cruz from Deceiving Lies). I started a silly petition, that garnered over 100 signatures, just to attempt to get his story written. I've made Trent shirts and basically stalked Molly over him. I mean, her husband even threatened me with a restraining order. Hehehe, just kidding. 
Anyway, while she has yet to deliver Trent Cruz to me, let me tell you....Jentry is giving Trent a serious, hard core run for his money. Because you know, they're fighting over me and all...Haha! This is serious business, people!


I See You is an angst filled, twisty, turny, fiery hot love triangle! A smoking-ly sexy, *seriously, I had to take a metaphorical cig break after that scene!* one night stand that Aurora/Rorie can’t forget about after 10 months. Neither can I, Aurora. Neither. Can. I. 

This book started off with a bang and didn't stop until the final words were uttered. 
I See You is written in a back and forth time hop, and they confused the heck outta me in the BEST WAY possible. While I usually prefer minimal time changes, it worked for this book and the way everything plays out. 




"Letting you leave that night was the biggest mistake of my life, but not letting you leave now would be the second. So leave before I start fighting for you in a battle I can't win."

While Rorie and Declan were steamy in their own right, Rorie and Jentry are....take your breath away, WHOAAA. Whose team will you be on?! I'm definitely #TeamJentry on this one! I See You is one of the most unrivaled love triangles I've read to date. So many twists, *what the hell/no way* moments, characters that you'll admire and fall in love with....and also one in particular that you'll utterly LOATHE. 
L-O-A-T-H-E
*I'm looking at you, Linda. I got your sweet tea right here, with a secret ingredient *cough*strychnine*coughcough*.

I absolutely ADORED Rorie's best friend, Taylor. She was such a good friend while also telling Rorie her no holds barred, honest opinion on the sticky situation she'd gotten herself into. Taylor had one of my favorite lines EVER in a love triangle book...-evv-errrr. "Well, good f*#ks can be hard to forget!!!" HAHAHHAA! DIED!!!! I rarely physically laugh out loud while reading, but I had tears with that one. There were a few scenes that Aurora drove me nuts, but I completely understood her. She's still a likeable heroin through her faults. She's a people pleaser, but she finally grew some balls when all was said and done. Seriously, major balls. Me=Daaayum Rorie! It's about time!! 

And then, there is this gem....






"My body trembled when he ordered in a low, hoarse tone, "Bend over and place your hands on the wall. Don't make a sound.""











One more quote that I adore....

*There is that phrase " The darkest hour is just before the dawn. It was something I'd heard my whole life. People had tried to tie it to their lives in so many ways to give themselves hope. And I'd never understood why they would cling to a saying just to make themselves feel like they could get out of whatever situation they were in. I understood now.Because there is so much unknown in the darkness, and the unknown can be terrifying"*


I See You is one that I'll reread many times over, and Jentry has secured his place in my top book boyfriends. One-click now and get ready for this captivating, roller coaster of emotion!



Sign up for Molly's newsletter, she's always got fun stuff to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer