Thursday, August 18, 2016

Marriott Waterside Norfolk - Review

New Feature!!


Stay - August 15, 2016 through August 17, 2016
Location: 235 E Main StNorfolkVA 23510

As a Marriott Rewards member and Marriott credit card holder I decided to stay at this hotel due to the location. According to the website it is right on the Elizabeth River and has amazing views. Right on the river was actually a three block walk from the hotel (and over a very busy intersection). Our room didn't have a view of the river so I can't attest to what that may have looked like. We could see the river from the pool area but it still wasn't as spectacular as what they made it out to be (check out the nearby Sheraton!)

When we checked into the hotel I advised the front desk that I had a handicap parking permit and was looking for accessible parking options. She advised that my options were to pay $26 per night for valet or to self park in the garage for $13 and walk back to the hotel. I did advise her that when I stayed at the Sheraton that they were kind enough to offer me valet for the self parking rate due to having a placard and she said "I'm sorry but we can't do that for you." Then she explained about how the hotel strives for perfect scores on their surveys that will be emailed out when we check out of the hotel.

The hotel room was ready when we arrived which was well after the check in time of 4:00 pm. It was clean and ample towels were available. The beds were VERY comfortable. In fact we joked that we wanted to take them home with us.

Due to my rewards status we were upgraded to be able to use the club lounge for free during our stay. The lounge staff were top of the line. They were helpful and always went out of their way to assist us with whatever we needed during our stay. They truly were the highlight of an otherwise average stay.

We did have issues with our hotel door not staying locked and didn't even know about it until coming back from an outing one day and the door actually being open. It was quite alarming to have all of our valuables just sitting in our room with our door open.

All in all I will not stay in this hotel again. I have stayed in the nearby Sheraton and loved it. It's right on the river, the club lounge was amazing, and the parking situation was rectified. It is disappointing that as a Marriott rewards member I received better service at a competitors hotel. It truly makes me question my loyalty to the brand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer