Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bang (Black Lotus #1)

Bang (Black Lotus #1) by E.K Blair
Released May 9, 2014
Spoiler Free Review by Krystal

21459365

"They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. 
But I’m not innocent. 
I haven’t been for a very long time. 
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.

I never even had a choice. 
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. 
Until now. 
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart."

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**


Nina has lived a hard life, and her bitchy attitude proves it. Something happened when she was young that resulted in her being put in foster care, and she ended up in a really bad foster home (like really bad, be prepared to cringe with you read it), the only good thing that happened out of this situation was Pike, her foster brother, who she found solace in. 


Pike, as I mentioned, is Nina's foster brother. The two found solace in each other while they were in foster care. When Pike was old enough, he left foster care, but he was still there for Nina. Now fast forward to her being an adult and her and Pike are still in the world's most dysfunctional "relationship/friendship".


Bennett is Ninas husband. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him, you will like him. You won't be able to help it. And you will also feel very bad for him.

“The heart is a weapon—a self-inflicting weapon—that if not trained properly, can destroy a person.”
Declan is the third guy in this story, (lost yet?) and he's really the one I can't say all that much about. He meets Nina, and he falls into her grand plan. Nina needs him for her plan, but I don't think she ever expected for him to be the way he is with her or for her to enjoy him in any way. For me there were moments when I liked him like I liked Bennett, and then there were moments where I didn't like him in the same way I ended up not liking Pike. I'm so torn when it comes to Declan.
“I’ve never come across anyone like him. His intensity is entirely consuming, and when I’m not with him, all I can think about are ways I can sneak around to get to him. It’s like he’s the oxygen I need to survive, and when he’s gone I’m suffocating. I don’t know if love is supposed to feel this way, but it’s all I know, and it’s all with him.” 
Well i'm unsure of where to go on this review. Bang, by E.K. Blair... this book and I have a love hate relationship. I came into this book blind, having read only one review, and no clue what it was about. Love the writing,very well written and kept me wanting to find out what came next. I won't lie, though it was hard to follow, and had me asking WTF, I didn't want to put it down because I wanted to know what was going to happen. 20% through the book I had to start reading reviews because I was lost and confused.

I think I stared at the last page for what felt like ages..wtf?! Oh my God..I still can't believe it! I couldn't put this book down to save my life..I had to keep reading and now what evil was going to turn up..Every time I thought I finally understood what was going on the tables were turned and damn if it wasn't something brilliant.

Twisted, dark and beautifully written are the first words to come to mind when I think of Bang. The story is dark, full of hate, agnostic, and thoughts of revenge..but the characters, I love most of them. Some are creepy and some I'm still undecided, I can't seem to stop getting different feelings about each one of them and all based on different part of the story. All I know is that I'm truly shocked and speechless.

But there were a lot of unanswered questions near the end. Which I'm hoping we'll have answered in Echo. I want to know more about the ending and BANG!!!!!


Purchase: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer