Thursday, June 23, 2016

Weightless by Kandi Steiner

Weightless by Kandi Steiner
Published: June 16th, 2016
Spoiler Free by Meagan



"I remember the lights. 
I remember I wanted to photograph them, the way the red and blue splashed across his cold, emotionless face. But I knew even if my feet could move from the place where they had cemented themselves to the ground and I could run for my camera, I wouldn’t be able to capture that moment. 
I had trusted him, I had loved him, and even though my body had changed that summer, he’d made sure to help me hold on to who I was inside, regardless of how the exterior altered. 
But then everything changed. 
He stole my innocence. He scarred my heart. He took everything I thought I knew about my life and fast-pitched it out the window, shattering the glass that held my world together in the process. 
I remember the lights. 
The passionate, desperate, hot strikes of red. The harsh, cruel, icy bolts of blue. 
They symbolized everything I endured that summer. 
And everything I would never face again."

This book. For the last hour that it took me to finish it all I could think about was reviewing this wonderful, amazing, heart breaking book. I met Kandi before I had ever read her books and even after that it took me almost a year after meeting her to read even one of her books, but once I read one I had to read the next, and then I heard this book was coming out and I pre-ordered it, simply because it was on sale and I knew with out a doubt that this book would be amaze balls. 

When I first started this book I was super curious on what the synopsis meant, who's face was emotionless? Why the lights were flashing the way it's described? Why her body changed so much in one summer? Of course my first thought with that was that this unnamed girl was pregnant. Wouldn't that be your first thought?

Before I was even done with chapter one I was so close to tears, I had gone to Kandi's Facebook group and wrote to her.

"Dear Kandi Steiner,
Could you not?
Sincerely,
The girl only 8% in and tearing up."

It took me way longer to read this book than I hoped for, I'm the type of girl that can start and finish a book in less than a day, but of course I work crazy hours so adulting got the best of me. Every time I had to stop all I did every spare second at work was think about this fantastic book and what was going to happen next or over analyze what had already happened.

If there is one thing this book has taught me about Kandi's writing abilities is that she definitely knows how to throw you for a loop. Let me tell you, I was not expecting the twist that came. Kandi made me fall deeply in love with these characters.

When you first meet Natalie, she is described to be a little bit more on the heavier side, all of her friends are way slimmer than she is and her self confidence is extremely low, but she has her mom and step dad that she loves and they love her. But she also just had her boyfriend break up with her and immediatley start dating someone new. Personally I would be super suspicious about that but this is just a book and she is only eighteen years old. When her mom suggests she work out with the personal trainor at the gym she hates the idea, but then something happens and she decides to go for it. 

This brings in Rhodes.

Gorgeous, panty dropping, brooding Rhodes. This man is described as the town bad boy, sexy and very drool worthy. But he has a bit of a history, a past with juvie, a lot of female clients, and he rides a motorcyle. I would work out with him too.

Then this post in her group happened.

"Dear Kandi Steiner
I fucking love you for creating Rhodes.
But could you not?
Sincerely
I can't stop thinking about this book and I have to work until 2."

The feels are so real.

As time goes on, Natalie and Rhodes work together and become closer. She loses weight, becomes a stronger person and then some more bad shit happens. Forgive me, I don't want to give any important things away. Then comes the twist no one can see coming. At least I certainly did not see that coming, blindsided I was. It happens at the end of the book, the last few chapters, but there is a hint not too far into it, how I missed this is beyond me. Maybe I was a little too in love with Rhodes. 

It is so hard not to type out the twist and give it all away, I want so badly to scream it, or rather type in all caps and tell you what happened. But I would like you to go through all the feels of this book. THE FEELS ARE REAL! 

Please do yourself a favor and go one click this book. Right. Now.

Purchase here
Add to your TBR

No comments:

Post a Comment

S Pink Premium Pointer